Open Educational Resources (OER):
Nicolet College Library is also where you would check out electronics specific to DSS and Graphic Arts.
If you have a disability and feel you are in need of resources for additional support, please contact Kaye Mathwich at 715.365.4560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in the Graphic Arts program and are in need of equipment, please contact your instructor to make arrangements.
Nicolet College Library has a number of electronic items available for check out at the second floor Information Commons. Some examples are:
Where: Electronics checkout is available at the Lakeside Center, 2nd floor at the Information Commons.
The Information Commons is the curvy desk you see to your left as you come up the stairs behind Bytes, or to your left as you exit the elevator at the 2nd floor. Library staff can assist you at the third station.
What you will need: Nicolet College students and staff will need their Nicolet ID in order to check out electronic items. You will also need to sign the laptop lending agreement the first time you check out a laptop.
All laptop/netbook checkouts are subject to the terms below, whether or not a physical agreement has been signed:
Nicolet College Laptop/Netbook Lending Agreement
1. The following terms apply to each loan and use of electronic equipment lent by Nicolet College Library. Upon closing and/or signing this document, the user acknowledges that this document has been read and understood and the user has agreed to the terms below.
2. Availability/Use of Laptops/Netbooks: The Library has a limited number of laptops and netbooks for loan. One laptop/netbook per patron may be checked out from the Library on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Loan Periods: Subject to availability, each Qualified Individual is allowed to check out one laptop/netbook per loan period. Laptop/Netbook loans are renewable at the discretion of the library staff and may be denied based on factors including availability.
4. Return: The laptop/netbook must be returned personally before the end of business on the date it is due. Do not use the outdoor/indoor drop boxes. If you are uncertain as to when your laptop/netbook needs to be returned, it is your responsibility to contact the Library to find out.
5. Fines: Overdue fines of $10.00/day will be charged to any patron who has a past due laptop. Unpaid fines will result in a loss of all library privileges and may also result in a hold on student records.
6. Failure to Return the Laptop/Netbook: If a laptop/netbook is not returned to the College within two weeks after the due date, it may be considered theft and law enforcement will be contacted to pursue charges of theft. Additionally the College may also pursue civil action to cover the replacement cost of no less than $500.00 plus a $50.00 processing fee and accrued fines. The College will use a collection agency if needed.
7. Damage to the Laptop/Netbook: If the laptop/netbook is damaged while in your possession, you will be charged for the cost of repairs and replacement parts. If the damage appears to be the result of an intentional act, law enforcement may be contacted to pursue criminal charges. Repair and replacement charges for damages to a laptop/netbook will be the actual cost of labor and parts.
9. You are responsible for saving your own work: Files should not be stored on the hard drive. For maintenance purposes, all files stored on the hard drive or desktop are removed automatically when the laptop/netbook is powered off or restarted. You may save your work by e-mailing it as an attachment to yourself or saving it to a USB drive. The library accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged files or for any files that may remain on the laptop/netbook after use.
10. Questions concerning the Nicolet Library Laptop/Netbook Lending Policy may be directed to library staff.
Text us: (715) 953-2160
Main Phone #: 715.365.4479
|8:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|All staff conference, February 14||CLOSED|
|Sunday, April 1st||CLOSED|
|Sunday, May 20th||CLOSED, Summer hours begin|