Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Don't see what you need?
Open Educational Resources (OER):
Physical items such as books, DVDs, and CDs can be found in various shelving areas throughout the library.
Books. Books can be found in the following locations:
- Stacks. This is the most common location. These are books in the main part of the collection. These books can be checked out for four (4) weeks and can be renewed four times (4x).
- New - Books. These books are either current bestsellers or new to the library, and are on a very specific set of shelves near the circulation desk. They can be checked out for two (2) weeks and can be renewed twice (2x).
- Oversize. These books are larger in some way than a typical book and therefore require different shelving configuration. These can be found on the bottom shelves below audiobooks. These books can be checked out for four (4) weeks and can be renewed four times (4x).
- Legacy. These books were part of the "old" Nicolet College Library collection. They were kept for various reasons, but will not contain current information and will typically not represent the current status of their fields of study. These books will be found in the small movable shelves above the main stacks shelving. These books can be checked out for four (4) weeks and can be renewed four times (4x).
- Reference. These are typically books such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, drug guides, or diagnostic manuals and can be found in a small, specific area of shelving in the library. These books cannot be checked out, but small portions can be copied if you need to.
Media. Media can be found in the following locations:
- Media - Video and Media - CD. These are the most common locations. These areas consists of much of the shelving on the perimeter of the library. DVDs and CDs found in this location can be checked out for one (2) weeks and can be renewed twice (2x).
- Media - Course. These are items called Great Courses. They are usually DVDs (sometimes CDs) that teach a course on a topic. These can be found in a section of shelving along the perimeter of the library. These can be checked out for twelve (12) weeks and are renewable at the library's discretion.
Electronic items such as laptops and cameras can be checked out at the bookstore. The bookstore is located on the second floor of the Lakeside Center, at the center of the curvy desk.